Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting Ready!

I am so excited about Christmas, especially because we are spending it in sunny Florida at my mom and dad's place. Last night I wrapped most of the gifts while listening to Christmas music.
Today I need to go to the store and pick up food for the road(we are taking a cooler and eating sandwiches to save some money). We are also driving the whole 16 hours in one day with 3 kids ages 6 and under. So please pray for us :) We don't plan on getting a hotel at this point.
I also need to pick up some dress shoes for my daughter. I realized I have her pretty dress for Christmas, but no fancy shoes. Tennis shoes would pretty much look terrible with it. So, Walmart is where I'm headed.
I am so excited! Christmas is so important and special in our family. My dad is a pastor, so I'm looking forward to hearing him preach. Oh, and they live on the water, so every year the neighborhood lights candles in paper bags and they line the canals with it. Santa drives by in their backyard in a boat(probably some neighbor that enjoys seeing all the kids react). And, the ice cream man has been known to drive through town that week. My Christmas won't be a white one, but no complaints here! I'm sure the snow will be back at home waiting for me.
Please take a little time to remember in all the busy moments, that Christ is the Reason we are celebrating this day.

No comments: