Monday, January 24, 2011

Something Magical


Yesterday, my son Dave lost his tooth. It had been loose for awhile, and around dinner time he pulled it out himself. It was so fun to see his excitement!
We soon began discussing the tooth fairy coming to visit. He was a little worried the tooth fairy would be busy and forget to come by. Dave knew that a teen in our church had lost a baby tooth on the same day, so the tooth fairy had more than one stop to make.
The tooth fairy made her appearance. Dave was delighted to find a pile of coins in his room this morning. He was also thrilled to discover the GLITTERY fairy dust trail that led from his bed to the windowsill. I was so excited when my little baby Dave grew that first tooth and now I'm just as proud that only a hole remains where that sweet little tooth used to be.

1 comment:

a Putnam said...

Geoff will frequently forget to do tooth duty on the first, second, third, etc. nite. One time after about the 5th or 6th try, Austin said, on his way to bed that night, "If the tooth fairy doesn't come to get my tooth tonight, I'm just throwing it out MYSELF." Hmmmm - the Tooth Fairy has a bad name in our house...