Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowpocalypse

We made it through round 1 of lots of heavy snow. I live near Washington, D.C., and this area is really paralyzed with the big storm we had. My family and I spent days digging out and playing. We kept power the whole time. Many people did not, which was terrible with no heat and cold temperatures. Anyway, here are some pictures of our snow and the fun we had.The car is under there somewhere.



This is a picture of the roof. My husband got up there when I wasn't watching and walked across to clear off the satellite dish. Must have tv for snowstorms!



Our house gets crazy long icicles. We broke off a couple smaller ones and the kids had fun with them inside. Star Wars anyone?


David had a great time playing in the snow!


I had the 3 kids sit on the snow for a picture. This snow is overwhelming to them.

I just had to take a picture after her brother David threw a snowball at her face. Shortly after this, Daddy wiped her face off and she forgave her brother immediately and started playing again. Love this picture! She actually has already laughed at it herself after the fact.


Andrew really loves the icicles. One of them actually touched the ground. We kept breaking them off though to help the roof with the weight load of snow and ice.
Well, this morning we took a big trip to the grocery store. Another winter storm is about to hit us with maybe another foot of snow. Power outages are even more likely because of strong winds. We have lots of food now and more snacks than I would normally buy in case we lose power and the ability to cook. We will bundle up if we have to in order to stay warm, and we will be fine. I feel like we are making memories this week. I can't wait to take more photos of snow piled up on top of snow. However, I'm also looking forward to summer or even spring at this point. Virginia, the new Alaska! Except, in Alaska, they know how to take care of the roads I'm sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the snow is soo big. it's too bad it has melted and i have to go to school. :(

Unknown said...

Hi Wandis, we miss you!!! We had so much fun in the snow. Andrew and David had to go back to school too.